Thursday, September 10, 2009

Life Drawing - 10 Sept '09



I kept hearing 'Oh they have life drawing at QV' and never knew there was space for a studio. Let alone life drawing in such a posh building. But I'm happy to report, life drawing at No-Vacancy is awesome. A trendy vibe, big glass windows, with young people wandering past thinking what the hell is going on. They started again last week in Melbourne and held every Wednesday, so come along if you can!

Also, Dr Sketchy's AND Sketchcrawl is coming soon. Pondering if there's enough interest out there. But again, give me a buzz and we can join hands like kindred spirits!

(top drawing is 20mins, bottom I think was 2 mins)

5 comments:

  1. great work sir noz, you've done it again.

    when will i get to pose? (think titanic)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sketches, especially the ball point pen of the trendy lady sitting in the train, I think those type of sketches are so cool to make. They are quick and just loose to do anything and your fighting against time too, because you dont know when the subject will move. And also the conte drawings and pencil drawings are as useful too, but I think that pen drawings have a certain nich to them!! Thank you for your kind words on my blog too I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw all your work nori,
    great job !!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and following me,
    jan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your comments!

    Conte, for some reason, is a media I have never gotten used to. I guess it has a feel of charcoal?

    And yes Leigh, a titanic pose would be very dramatic...soft lighting off your scalp. I can see it now.

    ReplyDelete